Feel free to contact The Law Office of David Pedrazas in Salt Lake City, Utah today by calling 801-263-7078 to schedule a free consultation, or fill out our contact form.[/caption]
Divorce is unfortunately common in America, leaving a lot of men and women with the responsibility of paying child support to their exes. It is an understandable law that ensures the welfare of children whose parents separate. Not all men and women pay back child support, but not without consequence. The state of Utah has laws in place to enforce child support payments, so no divorced parent should struggle to provide for his or her family.
Feel free to contact The Law Office of David Pedrazas in Salt Lake City, Utah today by calling 801-263-7078 to schedule a free consultation, or fill out our contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions About Child Support in Utah
If the court does not find an inability to pay, the offending parent will most likely be ruled in contempt of court, with additional fines levied on top of the original ordered child support. This might include additional legal fees and even jail time until the parent complies with the legal child support order.
- levies on bank accounts,
- liens on personal property and vehicles,
- negative reporting to credit bureaus,
- revoking driver’s licenses,
- intercepting federal and state tax returns,
- garnishing paychecks,
- revoking professional and work licenses,
- suspending or revoking passports,
- and the redirecting any awarded monies due.
- Petitioning the court for a new, more convenient, payment schedule.
- Requesting a settlement with the custodial parent for partial forgiveness of the amount due.
- Requesting a temporary suspension on the accrued interest due.
- Requesting equitable forgiveness for periods of time when your child resided with you.
- Requesting a re-determination if you feel the amount owed is incorrect.
- Taking out a personal loan to pay the amount past due.
All of these options must be run through the family court system and approved before they can take place. Any one of these will, however, help prevent the court from taking legal action against you.
Family Law Attorney David Pedrazas in Salt Lake City Utah Can Help
Are you needing help with receiving back child support? Utah has laws in place to protect the welfare of children in the event of their parent’s divorce, and they have the means to enforce such laws. At the Law Office of David Pedrazas PLLC, we can help you petition to have the court get involved in helping you obtain back child support. Rest assured, you are entitled to and will eventually receive your due child support with the right team on your side. It is always worth it to invest in legal help in such matters. David Pedrazas is a family law attorney with over 20 years of experience helping people through situations similar to yours.We would love to help you get on the path to getting the child support you and your children deserve as soon as possible.