Facebook Pixel

Utah Family Law: Multi-state Child Custody Arrangements

In today’s mobile society, many parents must relocate for the sake of their careers, to attend an institution of higher learning or for other legitimate purposes. However, a parent cannot simply relocate with a child to another state without the permission of the parent or court if that parent has custodial or parent plan rights.

The relocating parent must give 60 days written notice of the move to the other parent. If the non-relocating parent objects, he or she must file a motion in court. A hearing will then be held to decide the matter.

Experienced Child Custody Attorney

David Pedrazas has been representing parents in child custody and parent plan matters for more than 20 years. During that time, he has handled more than 1,000 divorce and family law cases. David Pedrazas can review your situation and explain your options. If necessary, he will aggressively represent you in court to protect your rights and seeking to obtain your goal.

Enforcing Out-Of-State Family Law Orders In Utah

If you are covered by a family law order issued in another state, David Pedrazas can register the order in Utah court. This provides a measure of protection regarding enforcement of the orders. Let’s illustrate this through a typical scenario: You live in another state and you have an existing child custody, parenting time or child support order in your state. If the other parent moves to Utah with your child, we can represent you, seeking to enforce the order.

Foreign Child Custody Disputes

The Hague Convention enables parents to enforce child custody orders across borders in some cases. If the parent of your child has taken him or her to a foreign country that is a member of the Hague Convention, we can represent you seeking to enforce the order. If your child now lives in Utah and the child custody order was issued in a Hague Convention nation, we can also represent you. These cases can take some time to resolve, so you should obtain legal representation as soon as possible.

Legal Case Review — Contact A Lawyer

For help with a multi-state child custody or support issue, contact the Law Office of David Pedrazas, PLLC, in Salt Lake City.

What Our Clients in Salt Lake City are Saying

CALL US (801) 263-7078 for an Attorney Consultation in Salt Lake City, UT

No one should have to face a difficult family law situation such as divorce without experienced guidance and an effective advocate to stand up for his or her rights and best interests. Our law firm provides family law and criminal DUI legal services to anyone through the Salt Lake valley.
Contact Us!